This story is absolutely unbelievable! A 25-year-old woman, Keyarika “Shea” Diggles, was brought into the police station over an unpaid fine of $100. She was attempting to get her mother to bring her the money to square everything away, when Officer Ricky Grissom, reached over and hung the phone up on her mother while Ms. Diggles was in mid-sentence. What happened next with Officers Ricky Grissom and Ryan Cunningham was unfathomable. Check it out in the video below.
Of the incident, Keyarika Diggles’s attorney, Cade Bernsen, told Yahoo News;
“The amount of force used was abominable, She got her hair pulled out, broke a tooth, braces got knocked off … it was brutal.”
Said Jasper City Council Member Alton Scott concerning the problems;
“The more things change, the more they remain the same. There’s nothing she said that could have justified what they did, they are supposed to be above that. It was inexcusable. They are supposed to be trained professionals. ”
Mr.Scott received the video of the Diggles’case, and sent it to the local TV affiliate upon being informed that Diggles had submitted a written complaint but that it had been ignored.
The 2 cops were summarily fired and may be brought up on criminal charges.
Said Bernsen, of the investigation into the criminal activity;
” I hope that probe is done by the FBI or state police. I don’t trust the Police Department as far as you can throw them,”
We are sure this story is not going anywhere and The Urban Daily will report any new developments as they become available.
Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia Opens
1. 1. David Pilgrim, the founder and curator(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)1 of 5
2. 2. A display of colored items is seen at the Jim Crow Museu(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)2 of 5
3. 3. Visitors look over the Jim Crow Museum of Memorabili (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)3 of 5
4. 4. David Pilgrim, the founder and curator (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)4 of 5
5. 5. The library at Ferris State University houses the museum(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)5 of 5
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Sign-Up for TheUrbanDaily Newsletter!