George Zimmerman walks free for the killing of unarmed teen, Trayvon Martin. This gallery examines other cases of celebs and famous folks who served time for offenses that can be considered far less serious.
Folks Jailed While Zimmerman Walks Free was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
1. Lauryn Hill is currently serving jail time for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)
2. Michael Vick served time for dog fighting. (Photo: PRPhotos)
3. In 2007, Lil Wayne was jailed for smoking marijuana and for possession of a pistol outside his tour bus. (Photo: AP)
4. Rapper Ja Rule was jailed for possession of a weapon and tax evasion. (Photo: AP)
5. Wesley Snipes was jailed for failing to file federal income tax returns.
6. Singer Ron Isley was jailed for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)
7. Lil Kim served time for three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy related to a shooting outside a Manhattan studio. No one was injured.
8. Martin Luther King, Jr. was jailed several times for peacefully protesting during the Civil Rights Movement. (Photo: AP)
9. Domestic abuse victim Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 for firing two warning shots into a wall. (Photo: Hellobeautiful)